Friday, September 18, 2015

Teens, Social Media, and Privacy Pew Report



Madden, M. (2013). Teens, social media, and privacy. Retrieved from PEW Research Center website:  http://www.pewinternet.org/2013/05/21/methods-21/

Madden’s 2013 report, “Teens, Social Media, and Privacy,” notes the fact that today’s youth are using more mobile devices and are sharing more personal information on their profiles than in the past. This is due to digital media becoming more integrated into a teenager's daily life. Teens use social media to stay connected with their friends, meet new friends, share photos, play games, blog, and do homework. Hanging out on social networking websites has become a major way for teens to build social relationships. Through social media, teens are developing a sense of who they are and where they fit in, and many are not concerned with privacy issues.

These findings are based from a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project. Interviews were conducted in English and Spanish, surveying 802 parents and their 802 teens.

Below are my Infographics reporting my findings:










Page count: 100 pages

7 comments:

  1. These are very interesting and eye-catching! What did you think of the program you used to create them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was new to me and I'm still learning, but I found that navigating through them was not so difficult. Although they all are great programs, I chose easel.ly since it was the one that offered more of a variety of charts to use for free. I can definitely see my students using these in numerous ways. Overall it was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You went above and beyoind to create so many infographics! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You went above and beyoind to create so many infographics! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't surprised your research showed that teens are posting photos of themselves. Kids today take more photos and selfies and are eager to share. Maybe they are more photogenic than their parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa, my article was 100 pages, so that's why I ended up with so many pages.
    LOL! yes Lana I agree, I don't like taking photos of myself. It's the generation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete